Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend 10K


I ran a 10K on Saturday.

Although I used to run a lot of them, it's not something I do on my own anymore. Someone's got to make me do it now. This time it was Shunnie. She had never run one and decided she wanted to and recruited me and Christine to run with her. It's easy to commit when the race is 8 weeks away. I figured I'd run a couple of times the week before and muddle through on race day.

But Shunnie was as bad as my old coach and made us actually train for the race. After work I'd rather go home and eat icecream, but instead found myself running on mountain trails through the fall colors (and some snow). I trained better for this race than I did for my triathlon this summer. And I'll admit...it felt good.

But now the race is over (1:00:53 was my time) and winter is here. Will I keep it up and stay in shape???

Where's the icecream?

No comments: