Friday, February 13, 2009

Sweet Feet


I did something yesterday for the first time in my life. I got a pedicure. It wasn't on my list of things to do before I die...I just sort of stumbled into it. I sit on a home owners board and for Christmas they sent me a spa gift card worth $100. I was excited and was looking forward to a nice massage. At least I was looking forward to it until I checked the prices at this very exclusive spa and saw that massages started at $200. So I started looking down the list of services.

I could get my hair high lighted for $125...no
I could get my eyebrows designed with a perfect arch for just $75...pass
The Perfect Eyes treatment was $95 came with the eyebrow arching plus eye shadow recommendations...tempting.
The Gentlemans Manicure was only $50 but if I wasn't getting nail polish then it just seemed like paying a pretty girl to hold my hand....I decided against it.
Then I saw the Signature Pedicure. I thought it was just having someone clip my toenails. But no. It is a cuticle trim, nail shape, exfoliation & polish. It is a complete pedicure using their signature Ginger Peach line. Sounded too tempting and I scheduled it.

I told my boss that I was leaving work for a pedicure. Becka felt that this was an occasion that should be witnessed so she scheduled one with me. His and Her pedicures with my boss. We arrived and I informed my (pedicurist? nail girl? foot artist?) that I was a first timer and asked her to be gentle with me. I'm not sure what all of the steps were in my pedicure because I was laying back in my massage chair with my eyes closed. I do know that it involved hot bubbly water, clippers, some sort of mineral salts, a big old file that looked like it belonged in my garage, and some sort of moisturizer from their signature ginger peach line. Since I have apparently been neglecting my feet for many decades, that big old garage file got a pretty good work out on the bottom of my feet.

Did any of you guys know that you were supposed to be filing the bottoms of your feet?

I skipped the nail polish but when I saw how good Becka's nails looked with a Hot Bubble Gum shade, I regretted my conservatism. But on the other hand, I could put my shoes on when we were done and she had to walk in flip flops with cottonballs between her toes into a mountain winter day.

Over all, it was a nice experience as long as I didn't have to pay for it. And my feet felt so nice last night that I kept myself awake by rubbing them on my legs.

I may have to bring my file out of the garage and keep it in the shower from now on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that you were able to enjoy one of the many "pamperings" that are offered in this day and age. I see many men on TV (America's Funniest Video's), trying waxing. I will be waiting with anticipation of your bravery to attempt said rituals and your comments that would follow. HEHEHEHE.

Cousin Kelly

john & natalie said...

Pedicures are the best. I am so glad you got to experience one! Oh...and even more glad that you got a picture of it.

Anonymous said...

Haha, this was great! I've never even had a pedicure ;)

Todd Barney said...

Wow. You could have given the gift card to your daughter but no, you actually let your picture be taken while getting a pedicure. This is something that we must discuss. Will this make you swim faster? Did you have them install webbing between your toes.

Todd

Jim Crocker said...

Todd Barney is a caveman with ugly feet.

Cindy said...

You have softer feet than I do! I would never complain!!