Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Torch is Passed

I'm pretty sure that physical competiton is mostly a father/son thing. I don't see many mother/daughter pairings wrestling on the floor. But men wrestle with their sons from a young age. For many years its just play. You keep it close and make it look like your son is getting the better of you before you turn him over and tickle him. Later when they are 12 or 13, you can still beat them but you have to put a lot more effort into it than you used to. For a couple of years I've had to fight dirty to beat Noah, but my 17 year domination ended this Sunday.

He had just beat me (easily) in 2 straight games of chess. To get my mojo back, I started rough housing with him. Right away I could tell that this time was different. I'm not sure if he is stronger or I am weaker, but it's probably a combination of both. The struggle wasn't going my way and I actually worried about getting hurt so I surrendered and crowned the new champion. I'm not going to wrestle him again...the rivalry is over.

He can wear the crown for about thirty years...then my grandson is going to kick his butt!

No comments: