Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Last Lecture


You've probably heard of Randy Pausch and The Last Lecture. If you haven't I've included the link here...

http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

I watched his lecture on You Tube earlier this year and was moved by his story and his attitude. The link to that lecture is in the above web page. I just finished reading his book and I agree so much with his philosphy on life that I wanted to write down some of the bullet points.

Give yourself permission to dream.
Earnest is better than hip.
Life is short so sometimes surrendering is the right thing to do.
Stop complaining. Either do something about it or shut up.
Treat the disease, not the symptom.
Don't obsess over what other people think.
Look for the best in everybody.
Show gratitude.
Apologize
No job is beneath you.
Tell the truth.

I could expound on all of those topics but Randy Pausch does it much better.

Do yourself a favor. Watch the Lecture. Read the book.

No comments: