Monday, September 1, 2008

Correction


Just like in the newspapers, if I need to correct any misinformation presented in a previous blog, I will do so. So consider this a correction... I was with Samantha this weekend and she corrected my story about my Gilligan's Island song. Not only was she not embarrassed that I sang to the crowd, she was actually proud that her Dad knew the words to the song. (children are easy to impress, apparently)The quality of my singing was another matter but she assures me that she was NOT mortified.

In fact her memories of my public singing debut were overshadowed by her own trauma from that day. After I brought attention to my family with my song, my adorable daughter was selected to participate in the show. The dolphin trainer selected her to jump on a dolphin as it swam by. The joke was that the trainer would never actually let the selected kid jump. Samantha remembers standing on the platform in front of the huge crowd. She remembers thinking that dolphins weren't the only creatures in the water because we had just seen the killer whale show. She remembers thinking that if killer whales were in the water, then there were probably sharks too.

She didn't jump.

But she still pulls her feet up on the couch whenever there is a shark on TV.

3 comments:

john & natalie said...

That is a precious picture! Can we just go back to that year for a few days?

Jim Crocker said...

I'd like that Natalie. You have no idea!

Anonymous said...

That was such a sweet post. I don't blame her for fearing those sharks. They scare the hell out of me, even on television! Can't explain it.

To answer your question, the videos are produced pretty simply (for now; I'd like to get much better equipment and software). I'm use a the video feature on my Canon powershot for a lot of it, since it's easy to maneuver. For the motorcycle video I just sat behind the driver and filmed! I also use a Sony camcorder. And for software I use iMovie on my Macbook Pro. It's brilliant and easy, though I want to switch to Final Cut to have more control over the editing. So there you go. Anyone can do it!

And thanks for the well wishes. Things here are tense but safe.